Thursday, January 31, 2013

Captivated

The most important thing a Christian leader can do is be captivated by Christ.

There so many things crowding our vision. It is easy to let our lens get fogged up by the things we are doing and leading and loving and serving and completely lose sight of Christ.

Sometimes we do so much for Him that we forget Him.

We must be captivated by Christ.

It is out of Christ that we will find rest, restoration, identity, calling, energy, motivation, and the ability to give wholeheartedly to the things we are most passionate about.

That means being willing to stop looking at what we feel like we need to do and simply be overcome by our Lord again.

I need to be captivated by Christ yet again.

"One thing I ask from the Lord,
    this only do I seek:that I may dwell in the house of the Lord    all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord    and to seek him in his temple." -Psalm 27:4

No comments:

Post a Comment